Effective November 1, 2018
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Disclosure of Information
- Third Party Websites, Platforms and Applications
- Your Rights
- Social Networking and Our Social Terms
- Cookies, Web Beacons, Tags, Other Technologies and Online Tracking
- Third Party Advertising on Our Services
- Changes, Arbitration & Other Information
- Contact Us
Collection of Information
What Information is Collected About You and Your Activities, and Your Use of Our Services?
Information we gather may change from time to time and will include both personal information and non-personal information, including the following categories and examples:
- Personal information and non-personal information, including your name, email address, date of birth, service address, phone number, username, password, security question answers and responses, account preferences, and other similar or related information;
- Billing information including a credit or debit card number, its expiration date, security code, associated name, billing address, your account purchase and payment history, and any other information you, your credit/debit card issuer or our payment processors provide or make available to us related to billing;
- Information automatically collected and associated with your account when you use our Services, such as records of usage and interaction with our Services, viewing choices and habits, location, device information, operating system information, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, wireless network, persistent identifiers including your AD-ID, and the number of concurrent streams accessed by your account;
- Information related to your communication with us, such as complaints, questions, suggestions, and other information communicated to customer service agents or similar individuals or computer applications, regardless of whether communicated by phone, e-mail, chat, entry on any of our Websites, into any of our Apps, or by any other means available at the time;
- Information automatically collected and transmitted when you visit any of our Websites or Apps, such as information contained in cookies, web beacons, tags and other technologies related to your online behavioral activities (for example, pages visited, searches requested and other browser related information and activity), and any other information collected using such or similar technologies as further described below;
- Information obtained from third parties such as business partners and affiliates, consumer reporting agencies and other service providers (for example, video programming providers, advertising networks, advertising technology companies, and other service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners); and
- Records of research concerning your and other User’s satisfaction and viewing habits, which may be obtained from any voluntary surveys, interviews and other questionnaires or methods.
Are Third Parties Collecting My Information?
From time to time, we may allow you to use our Services with social networking services and connect your Membership Account with accounts that you have with third parties including with certain third-party social networks (“Third-Party Accounts”). If you choose to share information about your activities with Third-Party Accounts, then Axius may send information about you to such third parties. For more information about how Axius works with Third-Party Accounts including social networks, please review our Social Terms below.
Axius may also permit third parties to collect certain information related to your usage of our Services, such as viewer measurement and other data related to your activities for market research, ratings, viewer measurement and other analytical and reporting purposes. Additional information about the types of information and certain methods related to our sharing are further described below.
Use of Information
How We Use the Information We Collect?
- Operate, provide, develop, improve, update, extend, and maintain our Services;
- Confirm that you are receiving the level(s) or service(s) of service requested and are properly billed;
- Identify when changes are made to our Services or your Membership Account;
- Inform you of products, programming, offers, or other services offered by us or by third parties that may be of interest to you;
- Make programming or other content recommendations;
- Understand the use of, and identify improvements to, our Services;
- Detect and prevent unauthorized reception of or use of our Services;
- Configure our Service-related devices;
- Comply with applicable laws;
- Scrub or correct our data, or append additional information to the information we collect;
- Enable the development, publication, and sale of aggregated and de-identified information related to our Services and its business partners;
- Facilitate advertising and advertising-related services, including targeted and other customized advertising, and the sale of related advertising and advertising-related products and services; and
- As otherwise deemed necessary by us to develop, improve or otherwise provide our Services and/or for any other legitimate business purposes.
Disclosure of Information
What Information Do We Share with Others?
Service Providers and Business Partners: We engage with third-party business partners and employ third-party service providers to perform various functions on our behalf. Some of the services provided include: processing credit card or debit card payments; performing payment card fraud scoring and fraud prevention modeling; removing repetitive information from customer lists; anonymizing, appending and analyzing data; validating, authenticating, and monitoring streams; developing, hosting, and maintaining our Services, databases and data processing systems; creating third-party products and services, including market research, and ratings products and services; sending, storing, receiving e-mail, and other communications; and customer service operations. These service providers and business partners may have access to the information we collect about you, may be allowed by us to collect information about you, and may receive information about you authorized to be shared with them by us as reasonably necessary to enable the provision of the Services and our engagement in such business partnerships.
Social Sharing: Axius may enable social features that offer the opportunity to share information, such as what you watch on our Services or what you “like” or otherwise recommend. This information may be shared within Axius as well as on other third-party websites and platforms and in other communications. You may elect to enable use of our social features by connecting one or more third-party accounts to your Membership Account. Your election to connect your Axius account to a third-party accounts and your use of any sharing or other social features offered by any of our Services is subject to your acceptance and agreement to our Social Terms below. Please review the Social Terms for details regarding our social features, such as the information we collect, use and disclose, and how to disconnect or otherwise exercise your choices regarding your use of these features.
Public Reviews, Recommendations, and Statements: If you disclose your personal information in a manner that will be posted publicly, such as in a product review or on social media, your posting will be seen by others. Also, Axius may make it possible for certain third-party websites to be accessed directly from our Websites and Apps and for certain information about you to be provided to these third-party websites if you are also a user of such third-party websites. If a third-party website allows other Users to view information about you (e.g., through posting to a publicly-available profile page), the information provided by Axius will be visible to other Users of such third-party website.
How Do We Handle Information from Children?
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We take reasonable commercial measures designed to protect the personal information and certain non-personal information Axius collects, uses, stores, shares, and transfers. We have implemented physical, technological and organizational procedures designed to protect the integrity and security, and to ensure the appropriate use of your personal information. We endeavor to ensure that our business partners, service providers and any other third party to whom we provide access to your personal information provides a level of security at least as protective as ours. These procedures are tailored to the nature, sensitivity, and format of the information accessed, collected, used, stored, shared, or transferred by Axius.
Third Party Websites, Platforms and Applications
What about Links to Third Party Websites?
Please be aware that Axius is not responsible for the data collection, use, disclosure and storage practices (or any action or omission) of companies or organizations to which our website may provide links. Some links are provided by us in connection with our efforts to provide you with comprehensive information on our Services and the information practices described herein. We encourage our Users to be aware when they leave our Websites and Apps, and to read the privacy policies of any third party website or other platform that requests or collects personal information from you.
How Can I Access or Correct My Personal Information?
We endeavor to provide you with access to, and the ability to update, add to, correct, or otherwise modify, a variety of information associated with your Membership Account, including your preferred contact information. You must be signed in to your Membership Account on our Website to access, update, add to, correct, or otherwise modify the information associated with your Membership Account. Please be aware that in most cases, we will retain the previously entered information for some period of time as necessary for our business purposes and/or to comply with legal requirements. If you have trouble accessing or correcting personal information or are experiencing issues related to our billing service provider, please contact us at: support@AxiusSolutions.com.
Social Networking and Our Social Terms
Do We Enable Social Sharing?
From time to time, we may offer you the choice to connect your Membership Account to Third-Party Accounts. Please review these social sharing terms (“Social Terms”) carefully before deciding to connect your Membership Account to any Third-Party Account, or before using any social features available to you. If you decide that you are not comfortable with the sharing involved, then do not connect your Membership Account to any Third-Party Account(s) or use the particular social feature available.
Choosing to connect to any Third-Party Account may allow you to take advantage of a variety of other social features, including, sending recommendations to your “friends” or other connected users, and sharing what you watch with them automatically. Please be aware that by choosing to connect your Membership Account to any Third-Party Account, you are agreeing to these Social Terms and are consenting to the collection, use, and sharing of information about you (which in some cases may include sharing what you watch) with us and others as explained herein. If you use “Like” or similar recommendation and sharing buttons while using certain of our Websites or Apps, then you will post what you are watching to your timeline, feed, or other applicable profile.
By agreeing to these Social Terms, you confirm that you understand and have consented to the following:
Can I Connect My Membership Account to Third-Party Accounts?
If you have connected a Third-Party Account to your Membership Account, you can disconnect by visiting the settings in your account through our Websites; provided, however, that you may be required to provide additional (or confirm existing) information necessary to maintain your Membership Account, if any, upon such disconnection. For clarity, you may not be able to disconnect from your Third-Party Account(s) through the settings available in our Apps. You may also be able to disconnect your Membership Account by accessing the settings and preferences in such Third-Party Account, which is controlled by the applicable Third-Party Account provider.
Cookies, Web Beacons, Tags, Other Technologies and Online Tracking
What About Cookies, Web Beacons, Tags, Other Technologies, and Online Tracking?
Some of our Websites and HTML-formatted e-mails and e-newsletters use web beacons to compile statistics about our Website usage. A web beacon is a technology used in the transmission of information. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on a visitor’s computer, such as a visitor’s cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. You may be able to disable some web beacons by rejecting their associated cookies.
We also collect information in log files that include data such as IP addresses, browser type, device type, Internet Service Provider, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. Axius, our business partners, and our service providers use this information to analyze trends, administer our Services, track usage and Users’ movement in the aggregate, as well as to gather broad demographic information and for the other purposes described above.
Is Information Used for Market Research, Ratings, Viewer Measurement, and Other Related Business, Analytics, and Reporting Purposes?
Axius may also permit third parties to collect certain information related to your usage of our Services, such as viewer measurement and other data related to your activities for use by us, our business partners and certain service providers in connection with market research, ratings, viewer measurement and other related business, analytical and reporting purposes. Information collected and used by these companies is described in further detail above. Our agreements with business partners and service providers that collect information limit the types and use of information shared with these companies.
Third Party Advertising on Our Services
Axius carries advertisements from other companies, often with the ability to click through to websites or properties run by these other companies.
What Happens If I Click On or View an Ad in Our Services?
Is Information About Me Shared with these Third Parties for Advertising Purposes?
We may share the information collected from or about you with advertisers, advertising technology companies, and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners in order to tailor advertisements, measure advertising effectiveness, and enable other enhancements, among other reasons related to such third parties’ legitimate business purposes. This information includes your use of our Services, websites you visited, advertisements delivered, and other activities online. Our agreements with advertisers, advertising technology companies, and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us are designed to limit the types of information shared with these companies and how they may use it.
Can I Opt-Out of Third-Party Online Behavioral Advertising?
Some of these advertisers, advertising technology companies, and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners provide additional information related to their products and services, and certain choices you have related thereto, including downloadable cookies and other technologies designed to limit tracking and/or targeted advertising described below.
How Can I Limit Third Parties From Tracking My Information or Targeting Me With Advertising?
In connection with certain advertisers, advertising technology products, and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners and their related cookies, web beacons, tags, and related information collection technologies, each as described above, and policies related to their use of information, such third parties have provided additional information for you to learn more about their products, services and practices, and your choices in regard to them.
As further described above, please be aware that Axius is not responsible for any third-party information collection technologies or the choices made available by them, including the accuracy of any information or effectiveness of any opt-outs (e.g., ad-blocking cookies) offered by such third parties or other mechanisms designed to limit tracking or targeted advertising. For clarity, you are not able to opt-out of being served advertising, or to limit the number of advertisements delivered to you in connection with our Services. Please be aware that even if you choose to opt-out of certain information tracking technologies and/or targeted advertising, you will continue to receive advertisements in the Services. We suggest that you review third-party privacy policies, and your choices with respect to those, in detail before electing any opt-in or opt-out made available to you.
Changes, Arbitration & Other Information
How are Disputes Handled?
Where is Information Transferred?